What we believe to be the Scripture's basic truths:
- The inspiration of the Scriptures (66 Books),
- The fact that God reveals Himself as being Father,
Son, and Holy Spirit,
- The fact that God reveals Himself as being Holy, Eternal, Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent,
and a God of both Love and Justice,
- The fact that God reveals Himself as being the creator:
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth,"
- The creation of Adam and Eve "in the image of God,"
- The "fall" of mankind into sin by the deliberate act of
disobedience to God's command,
- The result of the "fall" is that all humankind
has inherited a sinful nature,
- The condemnation that God places upon sin, and the Love of God for mankind, even though sinful,
- The love of God evidenced by His provision of salvation, of forgiveness for sin, and of
eternal life through the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ,
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ and of His ascension into heaven,
- The responsibility for each individual to repent from
sin and receive the free gift of forgiveness and of imputed righteousness provided by Christ's substitutionary death,
- The work of regeneration in each believer by the Holy Spirit,
- The future return of Jesus Christ so that
the redeemed will forever be with the Lord,
- The final judgment in which the unbelieving,
unregenerate will hear the words of Jesus Christ,
"Depart from me,"
- The responsibility of each believer to
live a life of godliness, through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit of God,
- The responsibility of believers to proclaim the clear message:
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father but by me." and
"Ye must be born again."